The role of the Youth Pastor is to pastor the 10-17s (school years 6-13) of Global Generation Church, Thanet.
The vision of Glo Youth is to create a place of encounter, encouragement and empowerment for all young people. Glo Youth is committed to supporting and mobilising young people to live radical lives for Jesus full of his presence and power, having a faith that is full of adventure.
As the Youth Pastor this will be the focus of everything that you do.
- Develop, implement and maintain a culture within the life of Glo Youth that facilitates the vision of seeing young people growing in a real, active and powerful relationship with Jesus.
- Ensure the cultural values of Global Generation Church (Worship, Community & Generosity) inform everything that happens within the life of Glo Youth.
- Oversee and develop the youth programme at Global Generation Church; Sunday programme, midweek programme, discipleship and socials/trips etc.
- Contribute to wider church events that include young people, including the Glo Weekender, Wildfires etc.
- Establish and develop a missional programme for Glo Youth that includes growing schools work within the area and working alongside the Hang 10 detached youth team.
- Make sure that all programme is communicated creatively and effectively to young people and parents.
- Recruit, equip and support a team of volunteers to support the youth work.
- Support/manage the team; including team meetings and any additional training.
- Make sure all team are DBS checked and have gone through any necessary policies needed
- Induct all youth team members into the culture of Glo Youth, ensuring they grasp the vision and values
- Make Global Generation Church your home.
- Build and maintain relationships with parents and carers of young people in Glo.
- Support parents in the discipleship of their young people.
More information on the church and role can be found at