Cambridge & District Youth for Christ is looking to appoint a Director of Ministry to lead the work of the organization with churches, youth leaders and young people.
This is a senior position, developing and supporting our church partnerships, training youth workers across the city, and exploring new opportunities to reach and disciple young people. The successful applicant will bring the best out of other team members, embody the culture and values of the organisation, and effectively communicate our vision to those outside the team.
Working under the guidance of the Centre Director, your role will involve:
- Developing new partnerships with local churches for the employment of youth workers, particularly in deprived areas of Cambridge
- Supporting our partner churches in growing their youth ministry strategy towards seeing young people becoming mature disciples, engaging with both youth workers and church leaders towards this end
- Developing training and programmes to shape the values of youth ministry across the area
- Exploring new opportunities and devising new programmes to reach and disciple young people
- Supporting and facilitating existing ministries, including residential weekends and a discipleship community for older young people
- Supporting the Centre Director in developing vision and strategy as part of the senior leadership team
- Exercising spiritual leadership within the Youth for Christ team, helping to set the culture and values of the organisation
- Providing Line Management to members of staff
- Representing the organisation’s values and vision to those outside the organisation: this includes speaking at churches, leading events and meeting with potential supporters
The postholder will join the staff team of the centre and therefore be expected to participate in:
- Prayer and team building meetings
- Regular supervision meetings with your line manager.
- Chairing project team meetings
- Regional and national Youth for Christ gatherings
- Youth for Christ’s promotional events and AGM
Skills and Experience
The postholder will:
- Have exceptional leadership skills.
- Have significant experience of working with young people in a Christian setting.
- Be comfortable managing and developing others.
- Show personal integrity in representing the organization in a variety of contexts.
- Demonstrate diplomacy when working with leaders and supporters from a variety of church traditions.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with all team members.
- Have an evident and active personal faith in Jesus Christ.
- Have excellent IT skills.
- Manage their own time and commitments well.
The role is 37.5 hours per week for a salary in the range of £23,000 - £27,000 (depending on experience) based on 37.5 hours per week.
There is an occupational requirement that the role holder is a committed Christian in accordance with Part 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010. This position is dependent on suitable references, and a DBS check will be required.
Closing date: 26th April 2021.
Interviews: week beginning 3rd May 2021.
Starting date: 1st June – 1st September 2021 depending on the postholder’s availability.
For full details, email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org