Do you have a passion for children's ministry and a heart to reach families beyond the church community?
We are seeking new and innovative ways in which to further develop our existing children and families ministry, including digital and face-to-face discipleship, outreach and schools work across Tiverton. The role will include:
Leading and developing the Children and Families Ministry at St George & St Paul’s Tiverton:
- Facilitating the day to day running of the Children’s Ministry
- Developing a new post-Covid-19 programme and curriculum for Sunday mornings for our children and families in line with the whole church vision and mission (Sparkles, eXplore, All Age Worship)
- Championing new ways of connecting with and discipling children both face-to-face and digitally
- Creating meaningful spaces for Families to connect with and journey alongside each other
- Developing and leading our mid-week programme, including Toddlers and Fusion
- Re-establishing and being responsible for a team of volunteers to deliver the ministry, which will include recruiting volunteers, ensuring the ongoing training of the team and supervision to ensure that best practice, policies and procedures are followed as well as preparing registers and rotas
- Working alongside the Youth Minister to ensure smooth transition of children into Youth Ministry and investing time in raising up young leaders
- Coordinating with the Safeguarding officer to ensure that all safeguarding policies and procedures are complied with
- Role model inclusive behaviours in day to day working practices and work in accordance with Parish equal opportunity policies
Leading and Developing Outreach opportunities for Children and Families in Westexe:
- Developing new, creative initiatives for the wider community of Westexe, engaging with Families from non-church backgrounds, reflecting changes in culture and best practice that affects children especially after the prolonged period of isolation and lack of provision
- Continuing to build strong relationships with local primary schools
- Working alongside our staff team to facilitate and develop outreach activities including Breakfast-on-the-Go
- Recruiting a team of Volunteers willing to be involved in future outreach programmes of our church
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the jobholder to be a practising Christian.
Job benefits include a workplace pension and statutory sick pay.
If you would like a conversation regarding the role, please call Andy, our vicar on 01884 252526 or send an email to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 24th May 2021
Interviews: Early June
Start Date: desirable September 2021