Children's Pastor Vibe Church Armagh
Are you passionate about enabling children to develop and grow into a relationship with God and become all that they have the potential to be?
Are you a dynamic and proven leader with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a ‘people person’?
Do you have the vision and experience to see our ministry grow both in the church and the wider community?
Vibe Church Armagh is a lively and friendly church with a clear desire to increase its community engagement. We already have links with many families through our Sunday services and mid-week activities and we now have an exciting vacancy for a Children’s Pastor who is passionate about reaching more children with the good news of Jesus Christ.
This role centres on the church’s mission amongst children, both in the church and the wider, local community. The work includes exploring new ways of working, supporting and developing existing activities among children while building pastoral relationships with both children and their parents and carers.
We are looking for someone who is a follower of Jesus Christ. The person must have a sound knowledge of God’s word, the Bible and be someone who possesses both pastoral and evangelistic gifts. The successful candidate will be a good organiser and will be able to inspire, motivate and encourage church members serving the Lord in our children's ministry. The person will need to work with energy, enthusiasm and initiative and to fully engage with Vibe's values.
• knowledge and able to take ownership of Vibe Church's vision and values.
• third level qualification in early childhood education and/or children's ministry
• minimum 2 years experience of being a Children's Pastor
• minimum 2 years experience of teaching and choreographing dance, specialising in tap and jazz
• minimum 5 years experience teaching at children's dance camps
• minimum 2 years experience teaching children in America
• competent and experienced with public speaking
• competent and experienced with generating programs for Sunday school
• experience working with children of all ages
• experience working with children from different cultures and nationalities. Specifically British, Irish and American.
• Possess the ability to create, develop, work in and lead a team
• Be multi tasked & organised
• Set & achieve goals as necessary
• proficent in all Microsoft applications
• dance training in other styles such as ballet, modern, lyrical, contemporary and hip hop
• experience/ qualification working with children with special needs
Working hours:by agreement with the successful candidate. But it is expected that the role will require 26 hours per week.
Further information about this role is available from Darryl Bain. In the first instance please email Darryl at email@example.com with Children's Pastor Info as the subject of the email.
To apply for this role please send us your CV and a letter of application. In your letter please set out your reasons for applying for this role while indicating how you meet its requirements.
Applications should either be sent to:
Vibe Church Armagh
1 Little Barrack Street
OR emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (the subject should be ‘Childrens Pastor Application’
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th June 2021.
Applications must contain the names and addresses of 2 individuals prepared to provide a contextually relevant reference.
Interviews are planned to take place in July 2021 with the successful candidate taking up their role in late August / early September 2021.